Pages

Thursday 17 September 2020

WOYWW 589 - back again, a day late....

Well, hello!

I bet you thought I’d done a full disappearing act again. 

Somehow I’ve managed to make it on Thursday this week, instead of Wednesday! I had the full intention of posting yesterday, but somehow time got away from me. It’s been a busy couple of weeks here at Morti mansions. I’ve had visitors three weekends on the trot, and my mum bless her, 89 years old, stayed for the whole week. I will admit that she stayed at the Premier Inn over the road, because our house is a little challenging for an elderly lady who is not as mobile as she once was, especially with three animals hellbent on tripping her up!  However, she spent the days with us and Mr B took her out a few days to keep her entertained. One of the days - Tuesday - we went to Trebah Gardens, near Falmouth. A beautiful historic garden being restored to its former glory. It’s set in a valley, or Chine, and has a beach at the bottom.

Unfortunately between her wheelchair, my husband, two dogs, and a hidden rock, I managed to have an argument with the gravel path and the path won! So for the last nine days I have been nursing a very poorly knee where I managed to take the skin off, in places full thickness. Needless to say, last week I didn’t feel much like posting to my blog.











The photo of me and Mum together was taken at the beach and was after my accident, while hubby fetched ice creams and first-aid supplies. It was a lovely day, the whole week was lovely and we had good weather. It was good to see her - the last time we were together was just before Christmas. 

My sister and brother-in-law brought her down from Essex, and they also went on a tour around Cornwall during the week, to give themselves some respite from being mums personal assistance back home. We also visited Charlestown near Saint Austell which was lovely and a bit different.



You may recognise it from various TV programmes (Taboo, Dr Who, Poldark, Frontier) and films (Alice in Wonderland, Rebecca, Treasure Island). I’m sure there are more but can’t think of them!  I heartily recommend a visit to the Shipwreck Museum. It was only £6 to get in but worth it for the myriad of treasures/salvage and history on display.

Unfortunately, Mum is not in the best of health, and wound up at the doctors on the Monday after getting home. They took her into hospital, for tests overnight, and found cardiac arrhythmia. She is being treated, and I have FaceTimed her in hospital with my sister assisting, and she’s looking a lot better than she was when she was with us.  She should be home on Friday. 

Onto other news! The whole point of this blog is in fact to join in with What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday, as hosted by the lovely Julia.

The answer is not a lot! But you’ve come to expect that from me. The desk is piled high again, but the barn owl has moved on considerably and is very close to the finish.







So, next week, hopefully full service will resume and I may have something different to show you. Until then happy hopping!

6 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Goodness. I have lost the ability to do anything that requires good, close up eyesight. That owl would be beyond me! Slopping paint on paper is more my level nowadays. But I am full of admiration!

Happy WOYWW!

Mary Anne

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Di, love that pic of you & your Mom, fabulous. Saw the results of the argument on FB,in such cases, the human always comes off worst! Hope it's feeling better now, and not too stiff.Lovely pics from your days out, and loving how the owl is coming along. Stay safe, love & hugs to you all, Shaz #5 X

Karen said...

Hi~ Your visit to the gardens sounded wonderful except for the falling part ~ Your barn owl turned out beautiful. Enjoy the rest of the week

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Good job I popped back. I did most of my visits early yesterday but thought I'd have a look to see if there were any late comers. Great photos and loving the owl, he's coming on really well. Sending happy belated woyww hugs, Angela x16x

glitterandglue said...

Hi there. So glad you were able to have such a good time with your mum - that's really precious. I am hoping to see one of my daughters on Monday - a fourth plan to get together - the first three have been scuppered one way or the other! That cross stitch picture is just beautiful. Id he a Pollyanna Pickering design?
Take care. God bless
Margaret #2

Shoshi said...

Really sorry to hear you took a tumble, Morti, and hope it heals up quickly. I'm glad you managed to spend time with your mum but such a shame that she was taken ill with her heart. I love the photos you have shared this week - so beautiful! My goodness, the owl is coming on well. You've done a lot since I last saw it!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #15

Related Posts with Thumbnails