Pages

Wednesday 25 December 2013

WOYWW 238 - the Merry and Bright edition

Merry Christmas to you all on this festive occasion. I hope you all have a love and happiness filled day, and that you know joy and peace next year.  I've not been very good (ok, epically bad may be a better way of putting it) at joining in with WOYWW these last few weeks, but I had to come on over today!

For us, Christmas is a tame affair this year. We were going to have moved house 10 days ago, so our Christmas decorations remained in storage. That has been delayed until the New Year and so we've had to make do with whatever was available.... It's ok, but I'm already looking forward to next year and being able to "do" Christmas properly. At the end of the day, though, as long as we've spent a lovely and precious day together, that's all that matters and I'm very grateful for what I DO have as many people don't have as much as we have today, including those lovely friends of ours who are without power or water following the recent storms and are having to rely on the kindness of neighbours in order to be able to cook. 

Here's to all that is good about Christmas.... Bright blessings one and all!


 

15 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy Christmas from the Appletons!
Let us know your new addy as and when you're in your new place :-)
Hugs, LLJ 15 xx

Francesca said...

Doesn't matter re decorations etc as long as you have your family with you. Happy christmas. Francesca #18

shazsilverwolf said...

Happy Christmas Morti. You are so right, we need to be thankful for what we do have, thats something we've lost these days, I think.Just spotted the woven star on your fireplace- I have one on my radiator! lol. Warmest Christmas hugs, Shaz #14 xxx

Nan G said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Happy Holidays! Nan G #3

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I love your tree and your purple decorations. It sounds like you are having a lovely Christmas day. Enjoy! Judy #22

Julia Dunnit said...

Moving again? Good grief. No wonder we don't see much of your desk... You've barely time to unpack before you move again!
Christmas wishes of health and more happiness to you!

glitterandglue said...

Happy Christmas, Morti. I trust today has been really special for you and your family - doesn't matter too much about the decorations - a sense of the love,joy and peace of the Christ-child is far more important.
Trusting your move goes well. 2 years ago we were due to move two days before Christmas...and ended up moving out on Jan 30th. Hope you get there sooner than we did!!!
Margaret #10

BJ said...

A purple decorated tree just my sort of thing. Happy Christmas BJ#4

fairy thoughts said...

Looks pretty festive to me love the tree. But it's who you are with that matters not where you are. Hope your day went well
Janet

Spyder said...

Merry Christmas from a wet and windy Hampshire.. Hope you have a fabulous one!!! Happy WOYWW!

((Lyn)) #30

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh wow, Morti, I love that tree. Sorry to read that so many are without power. It's good you aren't affected.

Merry Christmas and happy WOYWW from #1.

Belinda Basson said...

I think it all looks very organised for someone who has just moved. I particularly like your tree! #15

Anonymous said...

Love your unique tree - and Happy 1st married Christmas. Next year will be more settles, and even more special as 1st in the new house! I think you did well with all the decorations being packed.


Happy WOYWW Boxing Day!
Mary Anne (waiting for the family clear out so I can clear up at #7)

Karin said...

Merry Christmas.
Karin #31

Cazzy said...

Happy Christmas and WOYWW, I actually love your tree!

Hope the move goes ok.

Cazzy x #19

Related Posts with Thumbnails