Pages

Wednesday 2 June 2021

WOYWW 626 - Flaming June

 Hello again, lovely deskers - welcome back to another round of WOYWW.  Deets here....   I must confess, there's not a lot to show this week!  And I'm much remiss in visiting desks, starting with the best of intentions but usually failing miserably.  This weekend we spent two days tidying, clearing the decks as it were, and cleaning ready for a visit from a family member who we hadn't seen for almost two years, since she last came to our house shortly after we moved in.

Therefore, not much to report!

Here's the desk....



And here's the only stitching I've done all week.  One finished ATC:



and the updated Peppermint Purple SAL




However, to make up for the lack, here's a lovely picture of the dogs on the beach on Monday just gone (t'was a public holiday here, for our overseas deskers), 




and the beach itself - Perranporth, here in Cornwall.  



‘‘Twas a lovely day.... scorching hot with an offshore wind which meant lots of sunburned bodies - mine included  just my legs/feet, and not too badly for me although I’ve got a heat rash on my arms which is a bit disconcerting.

And here's a shot of our peony, finally in bloom.  It's taken the last 7 years for us to nurture it to this point - Mr B had given up all hope but two days ago it popped open - ta dah!  Last year we got a bud (first time ever) but it never opened and there was a weeny hole in it so I think a bug got in and had a feast.



Lastly, figured it was time for another funny....




Happy Hopping, y'all!


9 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Morti, I have to be honest I've been out Lol! We have a friend who is going into hospital soon and our little group of retired teachers just wanted to wish her all the best so we sat and had coffee but I'm back now. Pleased you had a nice time on the beach. The Peony looks lovely, they are definitely worth waiting for. Wishing you a very happy woyww and a lovely week too. Angela x13x

Helen said...

Hi Morti - the beach is just stunning - I do envy you living so close. your stitched atc is beautiful Have a good week. Helen #1

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I think we will all be clearing our decks when life gets back to normal glad you took a break and made the most of both weather and scenery. The dogs look so happy in the breeze. May I say your ATC is magnifico.. Beautiful work.
Happy WoywW Tracey #5 x

Sarah Brennan said...

How lucky to live so close to such a beautiful beach Diane. Hope you have a lovely visit! The finished ATC is fabulous. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #14

Felicia said...

Morti, my desk has been the same for the last several weeks due to all the festivities around our home and vacation!! I finally am back crafting and behind at that, but it all sorts out! So glad you are able to have a visit from some family! Years can't separate the love, so it will be just like you were never parted when they visit! I love how that works out! I hope its a marvelous visit!! Your ATC is gorge and I LOVE the purple stitch work!! Your dogs are just beautiful! We used to have one just like it and her name was Sugar! She was a sweetheart! Seven years? Wow, you guys stuck it out! I don't have a green thumb, I have to really work hard at flowers! I hope this bloom is the start of many more years of blooms! I wanted to check in and see if you got my email? I sent it to you but wasn't sure if you got it. It didn't bounce back, but with technology these days you never know!! LOLOL Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week and weekend! Felicia #23

Julia Dunnit said...

Yup, visits and more activities mean that less is going on at a lot of desks, totes good reasons, huh! Lovely shot of Perranporth!

Susan Renshaw said...

Love Perranporth!
And I love the scissor ATC! I have made some embroidered ATCs in the past but
not many!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #17

Shoshi said...

A busy desk, Morti, and I always enjoy following the progress of your embroidery. Lovely seaside views.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #11

Spyder said...

Love the photos, I miss Cornwall so much! Your stitching is brill! wish I could sew! I did pop in last week, but my comment didn't go! I think blogger had problems we did too! I hate it when the internet stops! Happy Very Late last weeks woyww ((Lyn)) #19

Related Posts with Thumbnails