Pages

Wednesday 13 June 2012

WOYWW 158 - where the heck did it go.....?

Ohmahgawd...

Somebody stole my week.  That's the only way I can reconcile myself to the fact that it is now the 13th June. 

Humblest apologies, fellow WOYWWers.  Not only have I not made my spare ATCs, but I didn't manage to visit everyone who visited me.

I have an excuse.  (yeah, yeah, comme normale, I hear you say....)

It's car shaped.

My trusty Clio went bang big style on my way home last Wednesday, so most of my home-surfing time has been taken up with car hunting.  So far, no luck, but if you know of anyone who has a 5-door diesel Clio for sale that is no more than 12 years old and has less than 100k on the clock, let me know.....LOL

What's that?  Get on with it you say?  Oops - I'm digressing.....

The real reason you're here is my desk - and hopefully by now you're one of the gazillio-dozens who does know what WOYWW stands for.  If not, then head on over to The Stamping Ground where all will be revealed!

My desk is its usual scruffy self.  As you can see, there's plenty going on.  On my WOYWW stand at the back you will see (next to Edwin) the fab ATC I got from Lavinia - thanks hun!!!  Just need your address now!  The sandwich tub contains silver EP and in the middle at the front are the new ATCs I'm working on.  I've not managed to get any aluminium sheet yet - it's on order but the company in question is a small concern and they're on holiday till Friday.  I have to wait till next week for my goodies!!!  So again, my apologies to my swapees - your ATCs are in progress (for excuse, go back to the car paragraph) and will be out in the post shortly.





As I have a new toy to play with, I'm practicing my light tent skills.  Not overly chuffed with the lights that came with it - needs to be worked on, that aspect.  And the cloths need a press.  But all in all, the results are good.  As were Lil Miss B's results with the keyring below.  They had to make and design their own keyrings for Design Technology at school, and she's gifting it to her big sister who's about to spend a year in Malawi with one of the Christian charities.  The lettering was apparently done with laser, would you believe!  Didn't have such amazing toys at school when I was a kid!  Anyway, she asked me to take a photo for her school portfolio, so here it is....


 

Anyways, that's it from me this week - see you in a comments box near you!  Hopefully.  Epic car failure and powercuts notwithstanding...

22 comments:

RosA said...

I love all your pens on your desk, specially back left hand corner. Wouldn't mind having a play with them!

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh gawd, epic car failure. So inconvenient. Never a good time, but never at a good time either, huh! I would offer you the Yaris, but it comes outside ALL your criteria, starting with it not being a Clio!! I think the light box result is fab, and Miss B's design for the keyring is just ACE..and like you - lasers, at school? Huh?!

Helen said...

Hope you find a replacement soon. Cars can be such a pain... Hope you get back on track soon. Love the keyring! Helen, 3

Anonymous said...

Cars always seem to go kaput jat the most inconvenient times, don't they?

Happy WOYWW

Zoe #12

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...oh gosh there's nothing like your car letting you down, we rely on them so much, hope you find one real soon...super clover design too...thanks for sharing...Mel :) #7

donnalouiserodgers said...

my first car was a clio ( i didn't 'own' my own car until I was 42) - it was 12 years old, purple, and I had to jump start her with a battery jump pack every time I started (not) her.

top speed 50 ( downhill) and bits fell off if I did 52 , if it rained and I took a left bend too quick water (collected) would tip into my lap from the closed sun roof, I loved her -

hope you find Clio mark two.. don't compromise she's out there somewhere waiting to be loved...

enjoying walking in the meantime ha

dxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh I hate replacing cars. Just no fun at all. Possible why I keep replacing them with other just like them :)

Happy WOYWW.

Mary Anne (5)

PS Like the clover :)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What a week.... your poor old car, they always go st the most inconvenient (financially) times, don't they. Hope a replacement turns up soon. I LOVE Lil Miss B's keyring, blimey Mr Hussey must have been pleased with that. Awesome design skills there - a GCSE in Graphic Design looms, methinks :)
Grotbags, lol - I think I am her on my off days!! (That's all the time then, says DH!) but I don't remember Fenella at all - am off to google/youtube her!
HUgs, LLJ #1 xx

Gabrielle said...

hello! Your fabulous ATC arrived yesterday! Thank you so very much! It is GORGEOUS! Sorry about your car... it's an expensive piece of rotten luck!

Unknown said...

Hi Morti Sorry to hear about your car trouble. Hope you find a suitable replacement soon. Edwin is a cute ATC as is the thoughtful cherub next to him. Your daughter gets an A from me, her sister is going to treasure the keyring. WOYWW Hugs from Helen 14

Darnell said...

Great peek at your world, Morti! All the best of luck finding a replacement car soon! Darnell 129

Twiglet said...

Good luck with the car hunt. Have a great week. x Jo

mark gould said...

happy woyww.
sorry to hear about the car, its a nightmare when things like that happen. key ring is looking good, your daughter has done a lovely job.
mark 159

My name is Cindy said...

Bad luck about the car and I love that key ring. I know what you mean the kids today get some neat toys to play with!! I would have loved to be able to do all that DT stuff, right up my alley. I had to do cookery. Nuff said. But then it was almost the stone age. TFS Happy WOYWW Cindy #39

SandeeNC said...

Well good luck on the car hunting, and your daughters key ring is just fab! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

RosA said...

Hi again,
That flourish stamp you mentioned is by Stampin' Up (it comes in a set called Baroque Motifs). I don't have many of their stamps but this one is about the best flourish stamps I have seen. It's lovely, isn't it?

Tertia said...

Nothing worse than car troubles! Hate that.
Love the key ring and you took a great photo. Makes me think I need me one of those light boxes everybody seems to have!
Happy WOYWW

Lavinia said...

Me again :) its getting to be a habit this eh! :)) I have just replied to your e-mail, again! I have sent you 2 but maybe you haven't got them in your e-mail box? They might be in your spam folder as I am on aol? My sister is on bt and she only gets my e-mail in her spam box from me so have a check & let me know ok, if at first you dont succeed & all that ;)) I might send an Owl Post!! :)...tee hee.... wouldn't that be great!
Lavinia
x

peggy aplSEEDS said...

exactly! that's what i thought too! wednesday already! and i too didn't have time to make more than one ATC and didn't get to trade more than one. i'm thinking that i can still do it if i get some ATCs made. as for the keyring, wonderful! how nice to have such toys in school! thank you for sharing!
hugs and blessings, peggy aplSEEDS

Laura said...

Wow to the keyring, awesome.
Hope the car starts behaving itself!

Laura said...

Good luck with the car dilemma. I'll have to replace my Ford Taurus in the next six months to a year -- we keep putting it off because it's nice to drive a paid-for car! The keychain came out great -- had no idea you could do such a thing with lasers (and in school, no less!)
Happy WOYWW from Laura #109

Chris said...

Hi Morti, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Related Posts with Thumbnails