Pages

Saturday 2 July 2011

A funny thing happened on the way to the netball....

I had a surreal moment today.  You know, one of those chance things...

Today, Mr B took a team from his school to another school in the area (and an hour away from where we live) for a netball tournament at their annual fete.  I went along to support, like I always do - I like to see something of my fella at weekends you know.  Unusual, but true.

Anyway, I and another mum went for a wander in the direction of the coffee stall, and as I rounded the corner I was greeted with a sight that made me stop and do a double take.  At first, I saw some aprons.  Then I noticed the doorstops.  And lastly, the bunny did it for me. 

I wandered up to the stall, and noticed first one sign, then another, and then said to the chap on the stall...

"Lunch Lady Jan?????"

He smiled, and said "ye-es...she's over there, playing the tuba with the brass band."


To cut a long story short ( I went back and got this photo when she returned), if Jan hadn't done WOYWW this week, we would never have known that each other was at the event.  As it is, I have a new friend, a phone number, and an invitation to coffee. 

Thanks Julia!!!

9 comments:

Lisa-Jane said...

Wow, what are the chances of that? Small world and all that. Love all the craftiness on your desk too.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, you could have slapped me with a wet kipper, I was so gobsmacked! Random chance meeting, BUT meant to be, I think !! :D Truly lovely to meet you and we sure packed in a lot of conversation into 20 minutes. I'll get the coffee on for next time, which will be soon, hopefully :) xx

Sarah said...

That is just such a fab story to hear. Funny how little things like that in life are so special and it takes all the WOYWW and blogging life into the real world!
Thank you so much for visiting My Mojo Monthly and your encouraging words. I do hope you will be back soon to share one of your creations!
Sarah.

Sandy Huntress said...

What a great story! It's even better than winning the lottery, making a new friend. :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the kind comments.

Happy 4th of July!

Sandy #94

Angela Toucan said...

how fantastic

Sandie said...

What a lovely story and coincidence. It's amazing that you recognised Jan's stall. Hope you both meet for coffee soon and I'm sure you will have lots to talk about.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wow Morti how amazing is that.. meant to be a blessing indeed! Shaz in Oz.x PS let me know when mumma's item arrives safely..?

Cardarian said...

Amazing story! See the world is just a small village!
Hugs
Cardarian

angelfish said...

How brilliant is that! Hope you get together for coffee soon:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails