Pages

Wednesday 10 August 2011

WOYWW 114 - the one with not a lot of change to it....

Well, here we are again, off on the wonderous blog hop that is WOYWW, and my desk doesn't look like I've touched it.

That'll be because I haven't.  ROFL

Though it's turned out somewhat fortuitous, as  a couple of belated birthday presents arrived this week for Lil Miss B, and she elected to make thank you cards (my god, I've spawned a creative monster, none of my stash is safe....) and as a result my desk looks like this....



Here's the second of the two cards she made.....



Complete with not-quite-straight lines and dodgy peeloffs.  Mostly her own work with very little creative input from yours truly.

May I please state for the record that we haven't been idle - our hallway does now resemble a warehouse....


Now, the keen eyed and observant folk amongst you will recall that last week I made mutterances towards the general direction of a video tutorial for the shiplap timber wood effect thingummy wotsit.

Well, up there towards the top of my blog you will see a new tab that says "tutorials".  Look ye hence, and ye will find my tute.  Yup.  There it is, in all its slightly flickering, poorly lit glory.  I, being my own worst critic, hate it.  However, in self defence I will say that I did it completely off the cuff, in one take, and it's the first take.  It was a "now or never" moment, as I was in the middle of making Mum's card... It had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with me wanting to trying out the video camera on my new iPhone 4, no siree...... *attempts to whistle nonchalantly*

So there you have it.  Morti madness at its best.

Lastly, I'd like to share with you a photo of our newest neighbour.  Taken yesterday afternoon, when the wee mite was less than an hour old....


We do have video of it failing epically to walk in a straight line - its back legs seem a little too long for it at the mo, and it has been moved to the nursery pen because it wouldn't feed straight away, but oh, how cute!

Catch you all on the hop.....!

23 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Aaaaaaw cuuuuute!! Alpacas looks as if they were made up of spare bits and pieces after all the other animals had been finished!! LOL!! Your moving boxes look impressive - hope all goes smoothly. Lil Miss B's card is fab - far superior to anything that I could achieve :) xx

Sarah said...

Great post and photos. Will check out that rather spiffing tab in more detail later - well done on doing a tutorial!
I also have a Dutch pretties parcel giveaway on my blog today if you fancy some colour!
Thanks for sharing your WOYWW desk today,
Sarah at 3

Sunshine Girl said...

Nice busy desk there - Love the card she made and that little lamb is so cute - bless. Thanks for sharing.

okienurse said...

lots of fun things in your post today. Your desk looks very busy thanks to the daughter. Love the card. She does an awesome job. Your newest neighbor is so cute! Thanks for sharing. Vickie

Neil said...

Thanks for sharing your space this week and I hope the rest of your week goes well! I had my daughter in my studio yesterday too, I get VERY nervous when I discover that! But all was well..........

Sue said...

Hi ya
creative desk there, gorgeous card, luv the image, aww lovely little lamb,thanks for the mooch, happy WOYWW, sue,x

Jona Panesa said...

looks like you got a busy desk! happy wednesday!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

At least SOMEONE is getting use of your craft desk. Your daughter made a card that looked better than any I make. So I was totally impressed.

Had I not read Jan's comment, I wouldn't have know that was an alpaca. Gotta admit I'm not a country girl. But the wee one looks pretty cute in that photo.

I'll be back to see your video. Must make up time, since I fell asleep not more than an hour after posting my link, and just now woke.

Cath said...

The packing hasn't made it to the craft room yet!lol Will be back to look at the tute (oh is fast asleep next to me)and love your new neighbour.

Cathx

akilli melek said...

wish i had as organised a desk as your hallway is, lol.
cute little lamb too
caroline #83

Angie said...

Bless that little one ...so cute.
Have just had a quick look at your lesson ...well done ...very effective technique.

Julia Dunnit said...

Ahh, new baby alpaca in the field next to Mr Ds workshop too - straight lines are obviously a genetic prob!! Your desk without the pile of papers, is actually pretty organised. Boxes in the hall,,,argh, nearly there,it will be worth it! Remember to ring if you need extra help!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that at least your desk is getting some use, even if it isn't you! Lovely card she made, good that she has an interest. Hope the packing/moving thing goes well. Such a sweet little baby alpaca, love the little squeaky noises they make!

Hugs
Brenda 73

Tertia said...

All together now: AAAWWW Cute!
I am definately watching that video soon.
Happy WOYWW

shazsilverwolf said...

Fab card made by your daughter- and that little(lamb?) is so, so cute! I shall come back over the weekend & watch your tutorial- I have never had the nerve to video myself!Happy WOYWW, Shaz

Sue said...

Hi hun
couldnt find an email for you, had to share, i passed the check i can be a safe house for the birdies, im so excited, wont get my first visitor till after my holiday, look forward to hearing & seeing the too piccies, sue,x

Yogi said...

thanks for the glimpse in your world. Have a great day.
That critter is so cute.

Cardarian said...

Lovely post! So much going on - I also had a look at the tutorial! Great work!
Hugs,
Cardarian

donnalouiserodgers said...

fan flucking fantastic,

so now I have to get hold of June July AND August craft stamper, and yes

you certainly cannot take it off if you add too much,

( you sound like me....)

I LOVE it

and will be back for more

Simple homemade living said...

He is so cute!!!

I hate moving. I notice you haven't stated packing the craft room yet lol

laura x x #59

Elizabeth said...

Great post - enjoyed reading it muchly and that newborn is the sweetest little thing - hope it is now doing well. Elizabeth x #60

The Crafty Elf said...

Your daughter will follow by example! You've done a good job! That hour old baby is just darling...thanks for sharing all your wonderful pictures.

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Clever daughter there Morti and trust all goes well for you with your coming doctors check too - and looks like you are busy boxing things up there, praying for you, happy belated WOYWW, Shaz in oz.x

Related Posts with Thumbnails