Pages

Wednesday 3 August 2011

WOYWW 113 - I'm ba-ack!

Did ya miss me?  No?  Good for you!

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes and comments.  We're not yet at the bottom of the problem - one Dr thinks it's IBS, another thinks its something else, I've tried cutting wheat out with a small modicum of success but with not entirely perfect results so we have to try and find out what else is causing the problems.  Next appointment, 17th August.  Fab. 

I've been AWOL for a couple of reasons, not least of which was a trip to Cornwall.  I think I might join in the beach brigade (just because I've been absent doesn't mean I've not been blopping, y'know!)  and add an indulgent beach shot here....


That's Mr B and Lil Miss B in the boat!

My desk this week looks like this.  All you lot with your ATGs?  Nah - THIS is what I call a tape gun!  Yup - house move is happening in three weeks, so the desk is gradually going to look barer and barer.... ulp.....


The good news is that despite being poorly, I managed to get Mum's card made, and here it is in all its glory.  She loved it, I loved making it and it was a great learning curve.  I have actually made a tutorial video for how to do the planking on plain card, though I'm not sure anyone would be interested enough to watch it!  I've yet to upload it as I'm on another learning curve with my video editing software, so watch this space.... Mum's birthday bash went really well and she made the most fantastic birthday cake - her best yet!  Mind you, with 60-something years of baking practice under her belt, she ought to be doing something right by now... LOL



Lastly for this week, but not least, was the fact that it was Lil Miss B's last day at primary school on the 21st July.  Lucky her, Dad managed to get out of school early (thank you Mrs Harvey) and arrived just in time to hear her flute solo in the leavers' assembly.  Then, at the end of the school day, members of the 3rd Yorkshire Regiment drummed and marched the year 6 children, and those that have been posted to other parts of the county, out of school.  We were very proud...


Well that's it for now.  I've got lots more news, info, craft stuff etc to post about but it's late on Tuesday, I've packed a load of boxes, and now my shower calls.  In the meantime, if you're new to this WOYWW lark, head over to Dunnit Dimensions where all will be revealed by our tour guide and general meeting point, Julia!

34 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, you've been busy, regardless of anything else. Sounds like a great birthday bash for your mom, too.

sandra de said...

I am so sorry to hear you have been poorly. I hope they find the cause so you can start to treat and recover. Nothing worse then being unwell. Cornwall looks beautiful (I have vague memories of Poldark TV series which I think was in Cornwall). Your card is amazing will have to watch your tute this evening. Now that is a tape gun!!

Kath Stewart said...

thanks for the crafty snoop...hugs kath xxx

Hels Sheridan said...

CORRRR CHUFFING BLIMEY!!! That card is absolutely amazing!!! WOW!!!! Hope you get the health probs sorted out fast hunny... take it easy... There's a giveaway on my desk today ;O))

Neet said...

Hope they sort you out healthwise.
Mums card - you call that a card? I call it a work of art - wow, that is fabulous! hate to think how long it must have taken. Unbelievable! I am gobsmacked.
Thanks so much for sharing - Hugs, Neet #5

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

I just love that card you made for your mum - so unusual. It makes you just want to sit down on that chair and put your feet up xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Yay, Morti, you're back!! Woohoo! Gorgeous beach shot, looks like you were lucky with the weather :) I really like the Y6 assembly story too, bet you all had an emotional but happy time that day. Seems like only yesterday it was Son No 2 and now he's going into Y11 - it's all going by too quickly. Tempus Fugit and all that :) xx

Helen said...

Good luck with everything - sounds like you are going to have a busy time of it....

Sue said...

Hi hun
hope you soon get sorted n find an answer to your poorliness, lovely peaceful piccie, did laugh about ya mum gettin somethin right!! lol. Amazing creation, beautiful work hun, bet the year 6 kids enjoyed that, fab post hun, thanks for the mooch,happy WOYWW, sue,x

Annie said...

Good luck with improvements on the health scene. Lots of fab stuff going on here today :-)
A x

ScrappnBee said...

Goodness! I hope that the doctors can nail down what is making you feel poorly! The log cabin paper card is fabulous! That takes some serious talent! Thanks so much for sharing your Wednesday and your tape gun (good luck with that from one who did 8 moves in 12 years as a military wife) -Amanda

Dragon said...

Sorry to hear of your healh problem... hang on in there... great photos and desk
Frankie
xx

Lisa said...

Hope you get sorted soon! ibs isn't fun! i was diagnosed in '88 with it!
Keep smiling and crafting and a trip to Cornwall is fantastic and great pics too:-D
xxx
Lisa
#59

nerllybird said...

Your daughter's school leaving sounds wonderful - we just have 'We Are The Champions' year after year, lol! (But they sing it beautifully...)

I think you are very brave, three weeks before a move, still having all that stuff out! Hope it goes well.
Helen S

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Looks like you had fun on your trip. I'm always interested in tutorials. :)

Spyder said...

aw how lovely!! Everything! Great make for your mums card, and I will look out for the vid!! Remind me!!! Have a great week! Happy WOYWW
((Lyn))

angelfish said...

Your beach shot is beautiful and it looks like you were blessed with good weather:) Yes, they are bookmarks decorated to look like monsters lol! Mind you huge ones might be an idea, less likely to get lost at the crucial moment! I hope your tummy troubles are figured out before too long xx

JoZart Designs said...

Apart from you being ill that is one fabulous post. Love your Mum's card... amazing work of love and art. Hope you get treatment and a quick recovery as a result. Lovely memory for the children leaving too.
Love joZarty x

Angie said...

That is an awesome card. I hope you are feeling a bit better and you find out whats wrong. DIL was told she had ..wheat intolerence then IBS ...then colitis ...then ulcerative colitis now posibly diverticulitus ...basically they dont know ...which really does not help.

Simple homemade living said...

Gosh you have been so busy!!!

I agree with having al that stuff out 3 weeks before the move. When it's time for us to leave here it's going to be awful as my room is like a tardis lol

Laura #62

Sparkly Engineer said...

My you have been quite busy and moving too. I would be a wreck just thinking of trying to pack all my supplies.

Twiglet said...

What an amazing card - your mum must have been so pleased. Hope you are feeling better. x Jo

Elizabeth said...

Sorry to hear you haven't got a definitive diagnosis yet but hopefully something will come out of the hospital appointment. Love Cornwall, especially a wee place called Mousehole and, oh, those blue, blue seas. What a great send off for your daughter - a great memory to take with her. Good luck with the packing :) Elizabeth x #73

donnalouiserodgers said...

that is one seriuosly impressive card and I WILL watch the video - as soon as you publish that is...

Dxxxx

Serendipity Stamping said...

Hope you find some comfort soon!! And that is so much MORE than a card!! Fantastic!!! #92

Melita said...

Wow - that little house is gorgeous! Thanks for teh crafty snoop!e

okienurse said...

Sounds like you have been super busy and being sick along with it isn't much fun. IBS isn't a fun disorder to have. I have been living with it for 40 years and wish I hadn't. It is a disorder you can learn to cope with but not a whole lot of fun when your having pain. Glad to hear your Moms birthday went well. Vickie

peggy aplSEEDS said...

oh my, that is an AMAZING card! it really shows the love you have for your mom. i hope you will be better soon. thanks for sharing! happy WOYWW!
hugs,
peggy aplSEEDS

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Morti, Wow-ee! I really love the card you made mum and also the great seaside shot well done on both counts lovely Cornwall what a great spot for hols..
Sorry to hear you have been poorly and pray you are soon on the mend, and they can find out just what is wrong with you. I dont like it when you are sent for one test after another with no real results,
Lovely things happening here today.. Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW!
God's richest blessing on you, Shaz.xx

shazsilverwolf said...

I love Cornwall, best place in England, I think. Glad you had a good break. My Granddaughter was thought to have IBS, turned out to be Coeliac disease. Hope you get a diagnosis soon, Happy WOYWW, Shaz

Yogi said...

thanks for the peek. Hope all goes well with your next appointment. No fun. Moving - what a horrendous thought. I've moved so m any times in my life, I'm happy to just BE...

The Crafty Elf said...

Wow, lots of exciting things going on, you sound busy! Good luck with all the packing and hopefully your feeling better. Do we get to see the weekly progress on the take down of the workdesk? Lovely card by the way!

Kezzy said...

Wow lots of crafty goodies all over your desk and your mums gift is amazing. Hope they sort out your medical issues soon. Kezzy x

Jingle said...

Wow! That paper house is amazing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails