Pages

Wednesday 14 September 2016

WOYWW 380 – the patched one

Another round of WOYWW hosted by Julia at The StampingGround – the chance to be really nosy at other people’s desks/stash/skill and a chance to catch up amongst old friends...
It’s another quiet week at Morti Towers, apart from the whirr of the sewing machine.  I’m still stuck behind a mechanical needle, soon to be replaced with a hand sewing session.  Nothing has changed on the main desk.  You can see here the plain black one (except it’s folded up) and the last one waiting to be made.  And a big pile of patches and fabric badges to stitch to them both. 
 
I’ve made three more cushions this week (two of which are proudly displayed here, and have been seen by many of you on FB) and I still have one to do. 

 
Seven of the patches in question are from Geocaching last year.  Or it might have been the year before that - I've lost track!  You had to complete six challenges to get certain "souvenirs", and by completing all six, you won the seventh - the "Achiever" award.  We discovered you could buy these patches and although I think you're meant to stitch them to your geocaching bag or jacket or whatever, we've opted to add them to cushions - we're likely to buy more in the future and on a cushion there won't be the faff of having to take them off when the bag breaks or the jacket wears out etc... I bought two sets - Lil Miss B has her own geocaching ID so she got her own set of souvenirs.
 
 
 
Once I’ve done that I’ve got an idea for the scraps left over from the printed fabric, and I need to make a makeup bag for someone who has been patiently waiting for it.... heheheh

I'm looking forward to getting back to card making and scrapbooking though, I will admit.  And some beading.  There's definitely beading on the horizon...
Hope to see you all on the hop!

11 comments:

Neet said...

Just caught you before I closed the computer lid. So glad I did too as i caught sight of the glorious cushions you have made. I love those images - are they still available and where from?
Those cushions are fantastic and I wish you had shown them much bigger although I find the photographs seem smaller on blogger than they were a while ago - maybe it is me. They are gorgeous any way and you have done a smashing job with them.
Hugs, Neet 22 xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Morti, I am having serious cushion envy! They are gorgeous, I love them, but you knew they'd appeal to me, lol. Hope Livvy is enjoying college. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #9 xxx

Unknown said...

Pretty pillows! Those patches remind me of my nephews, because I'm the one who sews all their patches to their boyscout shirts. Happy Wednesday! Sandy Leigh #44

Chidkid said...

Great desk...fab cushions. Happy WOYWW. Elaine no. 20

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I agree with the others those cushions are gorgeous, love them to bits. Have a great woyww, Angela x 19

Sharon said...

Your cushions look great. You have been busy.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #40

StampedbyChris said...

Your cushions speak to me! Love them...I would keep them out all year!
LOL...I'd be the one to buy the badges.
Hugs
Chris P #34

Helen said...

Great to see those fabulous cushions again, they are wonderful. Have a great week! Helen #1

Darnell said...

Your cushions are fab, Morti! The Geocaching badges are great, too! Happy upcoming Blogaversary, busy girl!! Hugs, Darnell

Shoshi said...

Morti, those cushions are just gorgeous! Really stylish. Thank you for your visit and your great comment. I'm really behind with everything at the moment, having been busier than ever, and today I'm suffering payback for it and resting on the recliner trying to recover! No time for art at the moment.

Shoshi

Kyla said...

I have been loving seeing your latest makes on FB.
Those patches remind me of my Girl Guide days!!! I never knew geocaching did patches, such a great idea
kyla

Related Posts with Thumbnails