Pages

Monday 26 September 2016

And here we go....

It's panto time again!  Yay!  Crazy chick that I am, I agreed to Direct this year...
 
We're putting on Treasure Island at Verwood Pantomime Society, and the performances will be the last week of January.  The more astute (ok, read long serving readers) will recall that we've done Treasure Island before, 5 years ago, and I blogged about it here.  Crazy enough as it may seem, and I'm still scratching my head about it now, Mr B has landed the role of Long John Silver (quite funny considering he's only 5'7").
 
Lunch Lady Jan, impetuous fool that she is (love ya, hunny) has been suckered into agreed to come and watch this year with the Gorgeous Gordon.  So who else out of you lovely ladies will be tagging along?
 
Oh.  I forgot to mention.  Lil Miss B has secured herself a rather plum role too.  She's the Sea Spirit - the same role I played last time.
 
Not that I had a say in this, I hasten to add.  The auditions are done in front of a panel of 5 judges of which I am only one, and in both cases my beloveds were put into their role without a word of choice from me.  Oh no, I didn't get a say, really.  I'd rather Lil Miss B hadn't been in it at all (she originally wanted to do back stage) and Mr B would actually have been rather lovely as the dame this year.  But we do have to consider the blend of cast carefully, and I have to confess that my co-judges have probably got it just about right...
 
So....

 
Here we go again!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails