Pages

Wednesday 15 May 2013

WOYWW 206 - more buttons - progress this time!

Just a quick one from me as I'm now at work and I'd forgotten to set up my WOYWW desk last night.  For all the deets, visit Queen Julia HERE.
 
My desk is currently in the lounge because I can sit there and work and am not segregating myself from the family.  It also means Lil Miss B can help out with the makings...
 
So, here we are - my desk space.....
 
 
and my progress so far....
 
 
 
I was foolish enough to decide to make buttonholes for all my actual wedding guests AND try to personalise one or two of them (Royal Artillery button, anyone?).  I need to finish these before I finish the bouquets because I need to make sure I have enough buttons.  Strangely enough, I don't think I do..... ulp..... must buy more.....  ROFL  The buttonhole on its own is for my beloved groom.  Ooh - and the cogs you see?  They're that set of Xcut Chronology dies, using mirri card.  I have to say, they are now my most used die set after Labels 4 from Spellbinders.  I wholeheartedly recommend them.
 
Sorry if you don't see me this week - we have just 37 DAYS LEFT...... and that means I'm a tad busy.  Tonight we're hitting Hobbycraft for some bits and pieces including foam core board for a "polaroid" frame.  Check it out on Pinterest.... This weekend will be spent up to my elbows in royal icing working on our fruit cake. No I don't mean Mr BAt least the wedding dress is now ordered/paid for, we have all Mr B's and Lil Miss B's clothes, and the rings are in our possession - everything else is just gravy....
 
So, happy hopping - you might just see me this week!
 

19 comments:

Paisley and Brown Paper said...

Oh! These are just so beautiful! I love them!

CraftygasheadZo said...

Stunning button holes, I love how you are making your wedding so personal, but can guess it's so much work. Take care Zo xx 75

Helen said...

oh my, so close... the buttonholes look fabulous, though - I love that rich colour. wishing you well.... Helen 16

shazsilverwolf said...

Wow Morti- its getting so close now. Its amazing how it all falls together really quickly. Absolutely adore your button holes- they are so awesome. Have a great week, Hugs Shaz #85 xxx

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. Another amazingly talented and very busy crafter. The wonderful rich purple really caught my eye - and I love the cogs. You would never guess that is card. So much work to do - but it will be worth it. Look forward to seeing more photos (will follow your blog). Ali x #27

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Sigh...I'm just a Raptor Reject.....it is a sparrow hawk....... Write out a 100 times "I must do my research before publishing my. Blog"...........

Like that's gonna happen!

The buttonholes are looking amazing...clever you!!
Hugs, LLJ 29 xx

ike said...

MOGoodness - these are amazing :-)
I wish you all the very best for your forthcoming wedding. x

Happy WOYWW 206

Ike xx #101

Anonymous said...

Best wishes and have a lovely - and PURPLE - day!

Love the buttonholes....
Happy WOYWW!
MA (3)

Hettie said...

Those buttonholes are fabulous Dahling! Your wedding is going to look wonderful. Do you want more purple buttons? I probably have some if you want some.
Hugs
xx

ria gall said...

Hi Morti
what beautiful button holes I have never seen anything like them so different and stunning
Have a great WOYWW today and a fabby week
Ria #21

The Taming of the Glue said...

I love the buttonholes...I'd have to put one on a fascinator after the wedding! Happy WOYWW and all the best for a great Wedding Day.
Pam#14

Krisha said...

These are just stunning, makes me want to be in the wedding just to get one!
Krisha #113

Twiglet said...

Oh such clever little buttonholes. I hope all the wedding prep goes well. Shout up if we can help with anything - what sort of buttons do you need? x Jo

Anna said...

What lovely little gears and sprockets pins! Love them!
My workdesk/art studio is in the living room which is convenient most of the time...but not so convenient when the cat walked through your wet paint like my Sneakers did tonight.

Anna Leisa #155

Minxy said...

Absolutely love the button holes, your wedding photo's are gonna be sooooo cool.
Hugz Minxy #19

susibee said...

Your button holes are simply lovely and what a wonderful keepsake. I wish I'd thought of that, my son's wedding is in 4 weeks LOL!

Enjoy the rest of the week. Susi #137

Bridget Larsen said...

Steam punk buttons, gorgeous
Bridget #38

Hettie said...

Heya. Me again. If you go on Amazon and put in hoover covers, there are Witchey ones on there, and the price is not three bad either! I was tempted to buy one but I think Doris would be upset!
Hugs
xx

Cazzy said...

Gorgeous buttonholes, I think I might have to get those dies now though I have some cog ones somewhere, think they are Sizzlets therefore the ebosser will not cut them, or not properly.

I hope the cars are fixed for your wonderful wedding!

Cazzy x (not here because of WOYWW, but Happy WOYWW anyway, I am on 210 now as #155).

Related Posts with Thumbnails