Pages

Wednesday 26 August 2020

WOYWW 586 - missed a week!

Welcome again to WOYWW. Missed me?  Just testing!  Once again another hop through the blogs and crafting desks of the planet. Well a couple dozen at any rate. 

I nearly missed this week too. The working weeks have been horrendous of late  - very busy as you can imagine during the current pandemic and how it’s affecting businesses worldwide. It’s been a huge learning curve for those of us on the HR frontline, I can tell you!  

So desk and creativity wise, what’s going on at Morti Mansions?  A whole lot of the same nothing really!

The desk is tidy. Tidier. 



The little Mill Hill kit I was working on is done...



I love Mill Hill ornament kits, they are quick little things to work on and true heirlooms to pass onto other family members. You can just catch a couple of others I’ve done this year, in the background. 

The owl is progressing steadily...



And that’s it for now!  

We have three weekends of visitors coming up, so not much will get done in the house or garden for the next couple of weeks other than a whole lotta cleaning. 

Toodlepip!

10 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love your Halloween cross stitch! I've been doing a couple of small pieces that I'll use for Christmas cards and tell you how much I'm enjoying it! You and Shoshi inspired me to get the Aida and floss out again.
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased to see your owl is still progressing nicely and the Halloween tag looks great. Wishing you a very happy week and a creative woyww, Angela x12x

Karen said...

Wow! the owl is really coming along and your ornament is all ready for the season ~Enjoy the week

Helen said...

Good to see you Morti! the owl is looking good. Been very busy here too, workwise (work for a mortgage broker, we've been manic throughout!) Take care. Helen#1

Sarah Brennan said...

Enjoy your visitors and hope the cleaning isn't too onerous. Love that ornament and can't wait to see the finished owl. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

My name is Cindy said...

Great projects on your 'tidier' desk this week! The cross stitch will be stunning. Visitors are a mixed blessing, but sometimes it's the only thing that makes me do cleaning. Don't work too hard. Stay safe, stay well, Cindy #14

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Di, hope you are all well? Love that little kit, fabulous. I can imagine this pandemic has had a huge impact on HR, uncharted territory for sure. And I do think there will be much more working remotely done going forward, I reckon this pandemic has forced a lot of changes, and quite possibly made a lot of companies realise they don't actually need huge offices spaces any longer, so they will be able to make a lot of cost savings on rents/rates/utilities etc, which I'm sure many will need after the loss of business. Stay safe, have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz` #3 X

Susan Renshaw said...

Love that Halloween ornament - will have to look out for mill Hill Kits!
Sorry I am so late visiting!
Stay safe, keep well...happy WOYWW, Susan #19

Crafting With Jack said...

Love the cross stitch key, I haven’t seen a Halloween one before. Angela #29

Shoshi said...

So sorry things are such a struggle at work, Morti. I'm not surprised you haven't managed to do much crafting this week, but your owl is coming along splendidly! I am not into Halloween but I do like the little black kitty on your Mill Hill kit. I've never heard of those before.

Sorry to be so late visiting this week but events seem to have taken ove a bit lately.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #8

Related Posts with Thumbnails