Pages

Wednesday 14 June 2017

WOYWW 419

WOYWW 419 is here – where did that week go???  One minute it was last Wednesday, now it’s this!  I do know that I’ve packed an awful lot into this week, and now that my course has started I can kiss goodbye to being free at any given point in the day/week/month.  Year even.  No, I joke, it’s not quite that bad!  However, it’s definitely a struggle getting back into studying and crafting is taking a little bit of a back seat now.  Not that it wasn’t before, but now it’s intentional rather than just avoidance!
So, here is my room!

 

Bit of a difference to last week when you saw it all of a clutter, eh?  I had to tidy it up to move the laptop back upstairs to give myself some study space back, and I finished off the WOYWW 8 ATCs as well.  Can’t show those yet, as the recipients have yet to receive them…

 The craft desk does have something on it though….

 

Not my own work, unfortunately.  Lil Miss B has two half-sisters, and their Mother is renowned for not having sentimentality as a trait.  Thus, she doesn’t generally tend to hang onto stuff.  Many, many years ago, Mr B rescued these two samplers from the rubbish bin, and saved them away.  We were having a general clear out at the weekend and found them, so they’ve had a gentle wash, and are here having dried.  Next step is to press them lightly, and then frame them before giving them to the eldest sister (for whose birth they were stitched).  I’m a little sad that neither of the other two girls had samplers stitched for them, and if they are truly disheartened by that, I will have to make something up for them! 

 

So there you have it for this week….

My apologies that I don’t seem to be able to get back to you all when you comment, I have precious little time these days.

Happy Hopping!

 

 

 

15 comments:

lisa said...

Morning Morti. I have been trying to email you but they keep failing.....gremlins in the works I think. Anyway, just to let you know that I am posting off your print today, hope you like it in real life and the fact that you think it's good enough is more than enough payment for me!!
Hope the studying goes well, don't envy you that all and well done for saving those samplers...all the work that went in to them.
Have a good week
Hugs Lisa xx #23

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I really do admire you for the commitment to studying, well done! Hope the course goes well. Well done Mr B for rescuing the cross stitched pieces, you did really well to clean them as well as that.
Hugs, LLJ 3 xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Morti, a bit of a sad tale, I suppose it's something those of us who are sentimental find hard to comprehend.Hopefully will see you next weekend, we'll speak on FB PM later in the week, Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #9 XxX

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Time! where does it go. Hope you make some for your crafting. The samplers are so pretty. Have a great woyww and happy crafty week, Angela x16x

Kathyk said...

Fab desk and WIP's too

Happy WOYWW

Kathyk
#12

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. It is wonderful that those samplers were saved. I used to stitch a lot of birth samplers, but that 'fashion' seems to have drifted away now. Neither my stepdaughter or future step-DIL were interested in having one to display for their babies, but that saved me rather reluctantly stitching them! Ali x #42

Christine said...

I visit cause I enjoy visiting, not for a return so don't worry.
I feel like you about the samplers and Mr B deserves a hug for saving them. Well done both of you.
have a good week
Christine #24

505whimsygirl said...

Hello Morti,

Good luck with school! I bet you are a good manager of your time so maybe you'll be able to sneak in some craft time after all.

Glad you rescued the baby announcements.

Happy WOYWW
Peace, Kay (43)

Helen said...

love the samplers! I hoard/save all kinds of stuff... would definitely have kept those. Good luck with the studying. Helen #1

April said...

She threw those away! Blasphemy! Hope you have a great week.
April #33

Cheetarah said...

Great thing those two pieces of great work in which time and effort went into was rescued from the bin! Have a great week! xo Cheetarah #37

BJ said...

So glad you saved the samplers, they are lovely. I bought a cross stitch for my son's birth but sadly it remains undone and in the packet!! He's 18 1/2yrs now, hence the A-levels. Yep he too found going from 5 AS to 3 A-levels such a relief (plus deciding NOT to do the EPQ) although the Chemistry is proving a little challenging exam wise. All over for him on 27th June, mega Summer break before uni (hope he gets the grades).
Thanks for the visit BJ#5

May said...

Good luck with the studies... I can't believe someone would throw away something so beautiful so glad you rescued them... They are so gorgeous... Have a happy week ahead... May#29

Katie @ Arnold's Attic said...

What a fabulous workspace!
Have a super weekend,
Katie xx44

BJ said...

A little Wednesday birdie (Julia) tells me you are doing the pirate challenge on geocaching, fancy befriending me (just for the Summer if you prefer) BJ known as Gregorian on geocaching? Ta.

Related Posts with Thumbnails