Pages

Wednesday 7 June 2017

WOYWW 418

It's WOYWW again!  How'd that happen?  And I'm back....

The desk, and indeed whole craft room, is overloaded and messy. I've been avoiding it for weeks. I really must finish these ATCS off, so Lisa M, please contact me!  



My most recent project is gradually growing. Unfortunately, so is the baby it's supposed to fit!  I'm going to a craft gathering tonight, so it'll get worked on there. It has a hood to knit while continuing  the pattern, so I've got some head-scratching to do. It's looking rather charming though...




Life here is rather crazy at the moment, and that's also part of the reason why I've been out of the loop and not doing much at my desk (aside from the black hole it's become.).  Yours truly started her CIPD Level 5 (for those not in the know, it's an HR qualification equivalent to second year of degree level, pretty high up stuff and very involved) so I've got a lot of working at home to do.  It's all online learning, and I've got to spend a minimum of 8 hours per week on it for the next 11 months.

Update on Lil Miss B - we've started visiting Universities.  Next one is Birmingham, so Shaz will be seeing some smiling faces near her in a fortnight....  Any of you up by Lancaster? Hehehehe  we just visited Chester.  I slept most of the following day, we were that tired.  We think we're going to book a room overnight when we do Lancaster.

Mr B has trained on a Hiab Container Lifter (see pic for an idea) recently.  He's like a kid with a Tonka Truck, happy as a sandboy.... LOL





So, happy hopping to one and all - hope you enjoy the day ahead....

14 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Di, the timing is amazing, as the weekend before that- 17th- we are down in London to see Guns n Roses. Looking forward to seeing you all again, how did Livvy like Chester?Good idea with the overnight, we're doing that for London. It's not just the actual day you spend there, the travelling itself is wearing.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

Sarah Brennan said...

If you're checking out Keele or Staffordshire Uni you'll have to let me know as I am local to both (Keele is my Alma Mater). Hope you managed to get that fabulous knit finished. I adore that pattern! Happy WOYWW Sarah #8

Elizabeth said...

Yes, your craft room does look overloaded but then whose of us hasn't been at some time or another. I know mine has at times made me groan just looking at it hence the big sort out operation currently being carried out. Time enough for you to sort yours out when you've finished that course, got l Lil Miss B settled in the university of her choice and the cute wee baby jacket it complete. As I keep telling my husband, you've got to pace yourself! Hope the week ahead is a very good one. Elizabeth x #37

Bubbles said...

Kid with a tonka toy... oh, how that comment will make me smile all day :)
Have a great Wednes-YAY!

Bubbles #36
http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/woyww-418.html

Monica said...

I am laughing about the growing baby and your knitting!. When i made christening gowns I would start early, as soon as I heard the news. I was happy when christening gowns went out of favor!. What a busy week. touring colleges and quite exciting. I like DH's new toy.
monica #38.

Helen said...

I don't blame you for overnighting! too long a trip to do in one day. the knitting looks great - hope it still fits when you're done! Good luck with the studying. Helen #1

Julia Dunnit said...

Argh, it is off putting because it feels like a dumping ground and becomes a dumping ground because you get put off tackling it..I totally get it. Would probably make a really decent study space too, so no doubt at some point like mine, it will drive you nuts and you'll get to it! I have a friend who lectures in HR and employment laws, crikey its complicated, so am full of admiration for your endeavours. And the cardi is very cute!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Morti. That's the trouble with making things for babies, they grow as quick as you can make the thing! Wishing you a great week and a happy woyww, Angela x14x

April said...

Hope your classes go well. I love the craft room - the busier (cluttered) the better in my mind. ;-) April #32

lisa said...

Hi Morti, so sorry I have rattled off an email just now...what a numpty, I didn't see your comment before, don't know how that happened as I love reading them all.
Good Luck with the knitting, it looks gorgeous. We will be at the University visiting stage this time next year, I hope Miss B finds something that is right for her, it's a huge thing.
Have a good week
Hugs Lisax #23

Morti said...

I don't think either of those are on her list - closest to you I think may be Warwick.....

Lindart said...

Good luck with your course, I'm surprised you have time for anything else! Visiting universities is so much fun - we did that (many years ago) with our daughter too! Your baby sweater looks beautiful, hope it gets dome before she's too big! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #41

May said...

That made me smile about your knitting and the growing baby... Your craft room looks full of goodies... good luck with your course... Have a happy week ahead... May#13

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I'm late visiting. My internet was down for nearly two days, but I'm back now. I have no idea what the classes are you will be taking, but I would have LOVE to have gotten my Ph.D. in the comfort of my own home. Attending classes is so time consuming and you still have all that homework at home.

Hope your daughter finds the Uni that's a good fit for her and her chosen field. So glad she is starting this journey that will lead to the best outcome. Happy belated WOYWW from #5.

Related Posts with Thumbnails