Pages

Wednesday 21 December 2016

WOYWW 394.... oh, go ON then..... It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, Everywhere you go...

Huzzah!  Christmas is officially here.

But first let me say - Happy Solstice/Yule to you all.  May the turning of the year bring you all you wish for the future...
 
So, back to business - it's Wednesday, which means it's WOYWW (the deets are here), and we're all getting together in the ether to show off the general mess and mayhem that is our creative spaces.  An honest look at life as a crafter, rather than just showcasing our beautiful work in glossy pics (thought we do that too!), we share the blood, sweat and tears that go into making them.
 
Although you'd be forgiven for thinking that I've used last week's photo!  Nothing has changed at the Morti Station.  The surroundings have moved about a bit and there's something that looks suspiciously like a bauble made of card to hang from the ceiling...  Pinterest....

 
I was at a crop last Saturday, in St Leonards (Dorset), with Craft Obsessions.  That's my friend Noreen on the left there.
 
 
I'm not sure why our Julia was surprised about me having Project Life on my desk a couple of weeks ago, as I've been doing scrapbooking for a while!  However, I used this opportunity to finish off one beading item that I've half shown before, and start another...
 
 
So here's the finished star tassel (Spellbound Beads kit) I shared the star of a couple of weeks ago - you can see from the pic above that it has little stars dangling from it - the pic below isn't quite so clear on that point!
 
 
And the other item I had just started above is shown finished below - a peyote stitch triquetra.  It is supposed to be one half of a pair of earrings for Lil Miss B (don't worry, she doesn't read my blog!) but they worked out to be so large, I don't think she'll ever wear them!  So instead I'm going to offer her a choice.  Earrings, or a pendant, or a brooch maybe.  Or perhaps even a decoration for her Christmas tree - her's is black with red decorations on, so it'll fit in perfectly. She loves triquetras and triskeles!


 
Following on from last week's giggle over baubles in hats, I shared on FB for Shazsilverwolf's benefit these photos of the actual "ornaments" in hats.... did I say we were nutters in this house...?





And lastly, here's another treat from Pinterest - I fell in love with these on that website, and just had to do my own.  I've not lit it, but I do like it!  It's a Liliput Lane house from my collection inside...


 
So cute!

Soooo - happy Christmas to you all.  I hope you all keep well and sane over the next week, and I'll see you back here for the Betwixtmas issue.  I might post on Xmas day, to save my own sanity, as we have all the Crumblies with us (David's parents, and my Mum!).

Happy Hopping!

9 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Morti, yes, those festive hats on ornaments really made me smile. Loved them. The triquetra is gorgeous- I can see Livvy having them for her tree. The scene in the jar is lovely, what would we do without Pinterest? Probably a lot more, lol. Sending wishes for a very Happy & Peaceful Christmas from us both, Many hugs, Shaz #7 xx

Kathyk said...

Great looking desk and pix, loving the beadwork too

Seasons Greetings and Happy WOYWW


Kathyk
#8

Angela said...

Hi Morti,

I really enjoyed reading your post and seeing your beautiful beading projects. The star tassel is stunning.

Have a lovely Christmas time

Angela x
#26

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I LOVE your bonkers Christmas decorations and that Lilliputian cottage looks gorgeous in its own little snow scene. The beaded silver star ornament is right up my street and the beading for Lil Miss B is stunning, you clever thing!
Happy Solstice to you all, I hope that all good things come to you and your lovely family.
Hugs, LLJ 15 xxx

Lindart said...

Oh, I do love the ornaments with hats! I must see if I can find some tiny hats somewhere! Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas! Lindart #28

Sharon said...

Beautiful beaded work. I love the black and red triquetra. It is very pretty.

Happy Solstice and have a good holiday season
Sharon K #25

Christine said...

Love the hats!
Have a Christmas full of hugs and laughter.
God Bless
Christine #29

Helen said...

I love your decorations, and your star tassel particularly. Wishing you all a fabulous Christmas! Helen #1

Unknown said...

Hello Morti. Oh my your beading is stunning not a favorite at all they are simply stunning. Oh how I love Pinterest....great job on your house in a jar creation. Have a very Merry Christmas and a winderful holiday season. Hugs ALways- Anne L#5

Related Posts with Thumbnails