Pages

Thursday 2 August 2012

The Great British Blog Hop, Day 2

Welcome to day 2 of the Great British Blog Hop, as organised by Nicola, aka Sunshine Girl....

I thought about what I was going to do for this, and to be honest, I didn't have to think long!  Most of my friends said that the one thing that is quintissentially British, is afternoon tea (and yesterday you'd have seen Tea @ The Ritz...LOL) so I decided to make a card which rocked cakes.... sorry about the pun.  I thought I'd make something not too fancy or flouncy, a bit British stiff upper lip, if you like....


Image is Pink Petticoat, papers are from Designer Digitals.  Frame is Spellbinders Floral Frames.  Sentiment, Papermania (Clare Curd collection).

You're off on your way to JAK now - if you get lost, use the button on my sidebar to take you back to Nicola's blog and the full circuit...


Enjoy your day and the Hop!


7 comments:

Sunshine Girl said...

Oooh its lovely and yes nothing more British than tea and cake! Thanks for joining in - hope you have had as much fun as me!

donnalouiserodgers said...

am I still coming in October or is it November now? I am expecting stiff lips and cake ( how can you eat cake with a stiff upper lip for goodness sake??)


fab card


dxxxx

Bernice Hopper said...

I love this card.

Hettie said...

Gorgeous card there Morti. Funny how we thought about tea without it being planned. Bet if we tried to plan it we couldn't have!
xx

Missus Wookie said...

Oh this is lovely and I like the sentiment too - tea and cakes are a good enough reason for any get together in my book :)

Amy E said...

What a stunning card Morti! I love the soft colors, and of course the cakes! On of these days I'll make it to England for a true British tea.

I had fun hopping with you!

Amy E.
scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

BJ said...

What am I like? Popped over here to see if you'd posted any photos from your crop with Julia and got sucked into blog surfing/hopping. Thanks for the links. BJ

Related Posts with Thumbnails