Pages

Monday 12 March 2012

Tell it like it is.....


My family is well known for getting its mucking furds wuddled.  Some folks are born with a spoon in their mouth - I was born with a spoonerism.  From Cargidan to Par Cark, I've always done a back-to-fronty when I'm in a hurry to say stuff.

This has continued with my new family.  Lately we've had wrist wormers, a wegging dress, and my personal favourite, Carrots of the Pirabbean.  We figured the main character in that one had to be Capt Jack Marrow (maybe with Rhubarbossa?).

But last night really took the biscuit, and I feel I have to share the full tale for you to appreciate the beauty of it, although it may go over the head of anyone not in the UK.

Once a a week, we have ice-cream factory night.  After dinner, out comes the ice-cream, usually two flavours, and all the squirty and sprinkly stuff we own.  Lil Miss B was asked to fetch the frozen part last night, and she came trundling back into the room with a tub of vanilla, and a tub of choc mint chip, leaving another tub of vanilla in the freezer still.  The one in the freezer was a much more expensive brand....

Says she...

"Do you want me to fetch the car door ice-cream?"

It took us a couple of beats to realise she meant "Carte D'or".

We're still laughing today.....


2 comments:

donnalouiserodgers said...

my worst was shouting through the house ( from 'my' room where my mac is to the Kitchen two rooms away where he was) and loud enough for the neighbours to hear:

"I'll be with you in a minute darling I just have to finish base fooking"

I do so like spoonerisms, Niall's fav customer is a certain Mr Tim Prosser. to whom I am not allowed to speak...

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It'll be Car Door ice cream forever now, LOL!! Gordon's PE teacher, when commentating at Sports Day, got very excited about a stalse fart!!!
HUgs, Jan xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails