Pages

Monday 17 October 2011

Monday Monday....


It's been an interesting weekend.  It started Friday with getting home form work and then dragging my sorry arse over to the pub for "ladies night", which is generally like pulling teeth.  I'm sure it's not so bad, but I've never really done the "lets all go down the pub and whinge about our weight/husbands/children/jobs/home/money/lack of money etc etc and so on and so forth"  But I'd invited L out (Mrs to Mr Hat down below) cos she's fab, and so we went.

Another L - ironically, same name exactly, but not married to Mr Hat - decided to join us.  Turned out the only reason she came to the pub for a drink was because I was going!  Not bad, considering I've only lived in the village for 8 weeks...

We all promised ourselves we'd only go for an hour or so.  Five hours later I crept back across the road and into the cottage, managing to get into bed without waking Mr B.  Not that it would have been a problem if I had, but he looked so sweet, out sparko, snoring gently.  Me n' the L's had a fab time.  A real hoot.  We were just gassing, but we managed to avoid whinging about our weight/husbands/children/jobs/home/money/lack of money and instead opted for lengthy discussions on weight loss, boob reductions, methods of hair removal, the delights of curry, Halloween parties and spreadsheets.  Yes, spreadsheets.  It appears Mr HAt and L#1 need some assistance in the merchandising department, and I agreed to help L#1 learn the art of Microsoft Excel.

Next day I get two almost identical texts from the two L's, each one bemoaning their hangover.  I managed to avoid one, though how I'm not sure...

Saturday Me and the B's went into Salisbury to do some shopping etc.  When we got home, before launching into a frenzy of cleaning and tidying, we found ourselves having to sit Lil Miss down and have a long chat on the delights of make-up and what she should or shouldn't be wearing at the tender age of 11.  And, more importantly, why she shouldn't be lying to us about wearing it  - she's taken to sneaking make-up on after we've left the house in the morning.  Mr B and I appreciate that if we lay down the law and demand that she doesn't do it, this is the result, so I've managed to talk him down from changing her school bus to one that goes from his school, and chaining her to her bed out of school hours (LOL) and we've agreed that she can wear some but she has to abide by what we think is appropriate.  Neutral, barely there.  Not Avril Lavigne smoke-eyes.  And only wearing decent quality makeup, not cheap pound-shop/market rubbish.  And she's buying it out of her pocket money.  Sheesh.  It's hard being a Mum. 

Hopefully, we've succeeded.

Saturday night was spent having a wine and cheese evening with a work colleague of Mr B and her husband.  Much merriment.  Except this time I had wine and if I'd finished my third glass, I'd have had a hangover to rival that of the two L's!

Sunday - quiet day.  We went to the tip, located a geocache en route, and then made ourselves known to PVADS, the local AmDram group.  As soon as we had, we were dragged into the current production, with Mr B working as a stage hand and yours truly standing in as prompt.  Nice to be wanted....

So today we are....

• listening -  to nothing - lunchtime silence in the office!

• eating – ryvita and reduced fat hoummous - mmmmmmm.
• drinking - a leukwarm coffee.
• wearing - charcoal grey trousers and blue jumper.  Having to be normal at work sucks.
• feeling - tired, but fairly chilled considering I'm at work.  Oh no, wait, that's cos the heating is off.
• weather - cloudy and a bit inclined to rain.
• wanting - the next three hours to pass at high speed so I'm not bored.
• needing - more sleep.
• thinking - I should be getting back to work.
• enjoying - rediscovering my goth/metal roots.
• wondering - if I can score any tickets to the gig at the Brixton Academy at the weekend.....

TTFN!!!!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Morti, I know I'm checking in late on this one but I am so glad I popped in - your post got me laughing (not out loud, don't want the DH to hear, he'll think I've lost it completely at last!) I'm not into girly nights out for much the same reasons as you describe so glad to hear that they can be a pleasure. And, better still, it's good to hear you are settling in somewhere near Salisbury - I was stationed at Wilton, now gone but was Fugglestone Camp to be precise, in the 60s and absolutely loved my time there ... Wilton is a great village and the surrounding countryside is lovely. Having a daughter too, and now granddaughters, I've seen just how far they try to push the limits at that age ... and you daughter is not yet in her teens ... I better quit babbling but thanks for the smiles. Elizabeth x WOYWW #55

PS: I've also seen your bare and oh so clear desk too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails