Pages

Monday 23 August 2010

One of those weekends....

First up, before I get on with the blogging, I'd like to welcome Gez as a new follower to my blog. Thanks Gez, for thinking I'm interesting enough to stalk occasionally!! LOL

OK - back to business!

I had the delight of my mother visiting for the weekend, so we did what most families do when they get together, particularly mothers and daughters. Now, you need to bear in mind at this point that my Mum is 79, ok? We talked. Or rather she did and we just nodded and grunted at appropriate moments. We walked. Or rather she did and we ambled alongside at her pace. This had a rather amusing effect, as the slower we went to pace ourselves with her, the slower SHE went as well, till we were nearly falling over her. Doh! We shopped (Shaftesbury and Cheddar Gorge) and we ate far too much. And she kept trying to press money upon us. Not that we accepted it, no siree!

So, having said that, Saturday we were in Shaftesbury, and on Sunday Mr B says that Cheddar is only 20 minutes away, so I said, hey lets go there. I wasn't entirely sure he was right and it transpires I was correct - it took us an hour and a half to get there, especially as he took a wrong turn! But hey, it was fun... ROFL. So we had a pleasant afternoon trolling the Gorge and buying cheese - here's a couple of pics!


2 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Hi Mrs B Thank You.xx for the lovely welcome. Your creations are FAB. :)
It's ages & ages since I visited the Cheddar Gorge I think I remember a goat trying to nibble something?!! don't ask. :)
Your photos are lovely. Glad it stayed fine for you. Have a great week. Hugs, Gez.xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

What gorgeous photos!

Thanks for visiting me - it is a Katzelkraft stamp.

Lucy

Related Posts with Thumbnails