Pages

Wednesday 25 March 2009

Stampbord Brooch swap

Over on UK STampers we've recently had a stampbord brooch swap.

Um, not sure what I can say about it other than - here is my effort!

Well, ok, I used alcohol inks for the background - stonewash, denim and silver mixative. I might even have used a little slate for good measure. Then I rubber stamped and heat embossed in black part of a fairy. I'm afraid I don't know the manufacturer. I also stamped the word "Believe" and added, in silver heat embossing, a corner element. Did a little scratching, edged in silver krylon, and coated with a thinnish layer of diamond glaze. I'd punched holes in three corners, so added beading. A brooch back was the last bit - but silly me has forgotten to sign it.

I hope the final recipient likes it!

13 comments:

Julie Allain said...

Oh wow thats beautiful !!!

Sid said...

What a superb creation Diane, I will put your identity on it when it is received. Love it!! and hey, Big is Beautiful!

Fiona said...

Its gorgeous Diane - I bet she'll love it.

Anonymous said...

Stunning! Love everything about it!

Angelnorth said...

Gorgeous piece, the beading finishes it off beautifully!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Very mystical and dreamy. Beautiful work. The beadwork is perfect for this.

Minxy said...

Aw wow, tis lovely, i love the use of the beads, really adds to the piece :O)

Von said...

truley beautiful :)

Claireabelle said...

It's fab!! Glad Im in this swap LOL
x

June said...

Gorgeous stampbord piece
Hugs June xxx

Jo said...

Oh WOWSA!!! this is STUNNING!! *claps*

Cazzy said...

That is beautiful, could the stamp be by Stamptivity?

Cazzy x

Morti said...

Thanks Cazzy - I don't think it is, but I love their stamps - thanks for directing me there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails