Pages

Sunday 25 May 2008

Baking Day

Yep. I'm crazy. Officially.

Tomorrow is my birthday. So what do I spend today doing? Baking! Well, I've done a lot of ironing and washing too, but I've been baking.

Why? I hear you ask..

Well, because I'm HR at my workplace. On birthdays we're expected to buy everyone in our office cakes. I'd rather bake them. And I'd feel bad if anyone got left out - which means that because I work with EVERYONE in the company, I have to provide cakes for 68 members of staff.... silly me....


Yesterday I made a batch of Tiffin, today I have done a second one and have also made two Bakewell Tarts. And I'm about to make a couple of sponges..... Tomorrow, because I really AM nuts, I'm making a couple of Jamaica Ginger Cakes, and some Chocolate Coconut Cake. Doolally, me.

Two pictures of Tiffin...





and my Bakewell (the second one was in the oven when I took this!



We've been invited round to my brother's place for dinner tonight, so that will be nice!!! At least that means I won't have to cook...... SmileyCentral.com

4 comments:

Julie Allain said...

Happy Birthday Diane !!

ooh those cakes look scrummy I wish I lived closer as I would have helped you eat them ~ I'm kind like that :) xx

carolann said...

Youre cakes look scrummy Diane lucky workmates WTG

Jo said...

omg I LOVE bakewell tart! haven't made one for ages though.
Happy Birthday Diane! xx

Fiona said...

HAppy Birthday - hope you had a good day - my goodness all those gorgeous looking cakes - wish I worked with you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails