Pages

Wednesday 25 September 2024

WOYWW 800 - What a milestone!

I’m here!  I’m here!  I nearly wasn’t though 😬


It's WOYWW time again... and this week sees the 800th post/week of WOYWW.

It was started by lovely Julia Dunnit, and Julia has recently passed the torch to Sarah Brennan of Sarah's Craft Shed to continue the WOYWW phenomenon into the future.

Last week, Sarah asked us to share this week our first ever desk picture that we posted for WOYWW. I'm quite fortunate, I think, in that we've moved around quite a bit and I recall which house we were living in the first time I posted - so that gave me a date range.  I was quite surprised to learn that my first week was week number 62, all the way back on 10 August 2010.  So about 15 months into the "show and tell" shenanigans.


It's a bit cleaner and tidier than the current state of affairs, and I had all the intentions but still didn’t make the effort to get the space tidy for this week. The week 62 post says that I'd been instructed to keep the space clean and tidy so Mr B could work at it as well for school stuff, because he didn't like clutter.  ROFL.  Our house is one big clutterfest these days.

It's also interesting that, back then, WOYWW regularly got over 100 joiners.  That number has considerably dropped off now (still doesn't necessarily mean that I get round to everyone though!) and I took a hiatus of a couple of years myself before re-joining albeit somewhat intermittently.  Life gets in the way, some of our deskers have passed away or stopped crafting (or changed what they were doing), and some just stopped posting. I do need to get back into my crafting a lot more though.


So this week, what have I been up to?  

More work on the WOCs SAL though it’s not the most up to date photo...


Five days for WIPGO on Lilith of Labrador...



A trip to Bristol for the stitchers day at Engineers House in Clifton... (that was an early start - I picked my travel companions up at 0530 - yikes!)


Family news this week - as it's now official following an announcement to our clients on Tuesday, I can share that the job I've been working at since moving to Cornwall in May 2019 is coming to an end.  The decision has been made to close the business for various reasons which I won't go into now, and that leaves myself and my colleague Jeanette looking for alternative employment as of the 1st Jan 2025. I see it as a big opportunity to make a change, although whether or not I will remains to be seen.  We will have to see which doors open...

Dare I say it? Here’s to the next 800 WOYWW’s? That’s a tad ambitious I suppose, but the sentiment is definitely there!


Happy Hopping to you all…

Xxx


3 comments:

Helen said...

I think yours has to be the tidiest desk on WOYWW - then or now! even without someone else needing the desk for other duties! I hope you find suitable alternative employment . Happy WOYWW 800 ; and many more. Helen #2

Sarah Brennan said...

I have so enjoyed looking back on the early days of WOYWW Morti - you have been joining in for much longer than I have. Good luck with your job search and the changes that go with everything. Hugs and Happy 800th WOYWW. Sarah

Mary Anne said...

Lovely to see all the old photos and desks. I remember you makng your button bouquet like it was yesterday LOL! And your stitching has always been a highlight of my hopping, when you join in - and I miss it when you don't. Best of luck with your job search, and Happy 800th WOYWW.
Mary Anne (9)

Related Posts with Thumbnails