Pages

Wednesday 6 April 2011

WOYWW 96 - the one from the kitchen table

Just a quickie from me this week, and a late one at that!


This week's WOYWW (go here to see more info and jump onto the desk bus for all stops) is brought to you from my kitchen table.

Yup.

It's my desk this week.

My normal desk is still my desk, but this week I'm working from the kitchen table on.......


Danger Flying Arrows signs.

You see, every year we have a kit weekend for Wolfshead, and every year the paintwork on the Danger signs gets tidied up a little.  Only this year (just about a month ago) the signs were touched up...... and were then not finished, and to cap it all, the paint didn't dry.

So we brought them home and have been working on them.  Trimming them all so they all match and are the same size (having been made in fits and starts over the last decade or so), sanding them down, repainting them, and varnishing them.  I have about 18 to do - none are as yet completed, and only two have all the painting done.  All of them will need a coat of varnish.

So excuse me while I disappear - my paintbrush awaits me!

Oh, and don't forget to enter into my blog candy will you!?  It's HERE

PS.  We've decided on the Panto for next year and it's The Wizard of Oz.  Yours truly is the.....drumroll please..... set designer! Woohoooo!!!!!!

7 comments:

HarmonySweetpea said...

I've been known to take over the kitchen table too. Sounds like a super busy week for you. Good luck getting the signs finished.

Julia Dunnit said...

Well ya see, this is why you're too busy for a aper crafty social life...you keep taking on worthy work involving your other hobbies. I think it's the scale that attracts you - set designer - the idea scares me to death!! Well done you - hope you enjoy every minute. And get the kitchen table back as soon as you need it.

okienurse said...

WOW sound like you will be kept busy for a while redoing all the flying arrow signs. Congrats on being the set designer. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #88

donnalouiserodgers said...

when do these signs have to be finished???

what kind of arrows

you only told half the story - I need the ending...

going to check out your candy and so long as I don't have to do performing seal tricks I might join in...

Dx

oneoff said...

There's always something strange and wonderful on your desk. I love seeing what you've been up to each week.

Bx

Scrappy~Sarah said...

good luck with all that painting. you will feel really proud at the end of it I am sure

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Good luck with all that extra work. Seems to me like you'll need some

Related Posts with Thumbnails